Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sleepy Brown

Lately about all Brownie wants to do is sleep. As I awake she's either there by my bedroom door or on top a file cabinet near the door. By afternoon she's asleep in the kitchen. And at other times she'll choose one of her many other spots including 2 or 3 where she thinks I can't find her.

I don't know what has brought this sleepiness on all of a sudden. Bored I guess. Sometimes she comes up to me looking for something to do and I pull out her toy which is like a fishing pole with 3 soft fishies on it attacked by a felt line. Well it takes her no time to capture the prize. After that there's not much to do because after she gets a good hold of them and I can't shake them loose and she just chews down on them until she gets tired.

She's still picky as ever about her food. And sometimes when I'm in the kitchen she lets me know she wants a taste of can food, except she'll never eat a whole can even if I put a lid on it and save it for later. It never all gets eaten.

Lately I have been giving her about a table spoon of real tuna and making use of the rest myself. So that works fine because it's getting used. Never had this problem before my other 2 darlings were taken but life must go on.

I'm tempted to get Brown a kitty playmate except I'm afraid they wouldn't get along. Also, since Brown always had been an outdoor cat and is quite capable of defending herself the neighbor & I could leave her food and water outside should I ever have to leave town. Still, when there were 3 kitties they had safety in numbers. I think some of the reason Brown likes the house now is that she feels safe. She was always a bit nervous until she started spending nearly all of her time indoors. Sometimes she wants to go out but 5 or 10 minutes later she's ready to come back in.

I'm still a bit afraid to leave her outside for any amount of time because...well you know from my earlier posts why. Still, now that the weather is beginning to cool off a little maybe she should go out more to keep from being bored to tears. We'll see.

No comments: