Saturday, August 22, 2009

Brownie's Diet

As noted before Brown is not much on can food. I'm lucky if she'll eat half the can even when I dole it out a little at a time. I guess it goes stale even if I put a lid on the unused portions.

That said on a recent visit mom gave her a tub of the new Fancy Feast, which is different from the meal that come in a can apparently. Brown will eat about half of it immediately and most of the rest later. And if it drys out before I send out the remainder to the trash she'll even eat that too if she see it. In fact I think she prefers the hard & crunchy.

My conclusion is she likes things that go crunch, but on occasion likes a little liquid like gravy too. And because the fancy Feast is so soft it's almost like a gravy to her but she's really not much into meats.

The ultimately irony here is not lost on me that 1 tub of the Fancy Feast costs more than I pay for 3 cans of what I would normally get when her 2 pals were alive - and it would ALL be eaten up in 5 minutes or less! LOL

No comments: